Get in touch! 0800 040 70 90 | email@example.com
Cost Advice Services Limited is a controller of personal information. Our address is 1 Church View, Coney Green, Clay Cross, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S45 9HA. You can also contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries in relation to data protection, please email us at email@example.com
What is a cookie and what do they do?
For instance, cookies can send general information about how the site is used, which can be used for maintenance and improvement. These cookies don’t capture your personal data and we wouldn’t be able to identify people from the information. They simply log numbers and provide grouped information about site – this tells us if people can find what they want.
Other cookies remember information from one page to another, so you don’t have to keep entering it. These are called “session” cookies. For example ASP.Net is a session cookie which remembers your data from one page.
Cookies which remember things for longer, from one visit to the next, are called “persistent” cookies. Persistent cookies can do things like remember preferences and adjust content to suit you (personalisation).
What are first and third party cookies?
Cookies can be sent by different parties.
If the cookie comes from our site it is a first party cookie. If it comes from another site, such as our suppliers or business partners, it is a third-party cookie, specifically chosen by us to provide a service, such as a more personalised visit.
Do I Have to Accept Cookies?
You may reject cookies, however, site functions will be affected. Cookies help our site to work properly and personalise your experience. You’ll be able to browse the site without cookies but some standard functionality, preferences and certain features may not work.
By accepting cookies, you allow us to improve your experience and remember information about you, which can personalise your experience.
To withdraw consent, you can reject or delete cookies. Please see the Managing Your Cookies section below on how you can adjust your browser settings.
By browsing or using our site or app you agree that we and the selected third parties in this notice can use (as described in this notice) data collected by the cookies you allow. If you do not agree, you can withdraw your consent by setting your browser to reject cookies, see below.
Managing Your Cookies
There are several ways to manage cookies. You can:
1. set your browser to prevent cookies from being accepted. More information should be in your browser’s “help” menu. How to adjust your browser will depend on which browser you’re using.
2. set some browsers to send you an alert when a website is trying to place a cookie on your browser.
3. block cookies by activating the setting on your browser to refuse all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies including strictly necessary cookies, site access and features can be limited or not available.
4. delete cookies stored in your browser by “clearing cookies”. This will only delete cookies already stored. It won’t prevent new ones being accepted unless you change the acceptance settings. Also, clearing your cookies on one browser of one device does not automatically clear them on another. You need to clear all browsers on all devices, independently.
5. More information about cookies is available on external websites such as www.aboutcookies.org. For help with how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org. Further information about advertising cookies, and how to manage them, can be found at youronlinechoices.eu (EU based), or aboutads.info (US based).
We are not responsible for the content or cookies from external websites. If you follow a link from our site to a third party site, they will have their own privacy and cookie notices.
Please bear in mind that if you restrict or disable cookies it can limit functionality and prevent sites from working properly at all.
How long do cookies last?
Different cookies can last for different lengths of time.
Session cookies last for that website visit. Information is kept from one page to another, so you don’t have to keep entering it.
Persistent cookies are on your browser and may last for a year or until you delete them. They can personalise the site and remember information each time you visit. We use them to see how people engage with our site. It helps us change and develop the site and improve your experience of it.
What different types of cookies does the site use and what are they each for?
Different types of cookies do different things. We use the following cookies on our site:
Strictly Necessary Cookies support our website operation. They are essential when you move around our website and use its features. For example, they remember your details when you login. This allows you to access your account. Without such cookies such services cannot be provided.
Analytical/Performance Cookies collect anonymous information on how people use the website or app, which helps us develop these. We can see if people find things easily and improve site navigation.
Functionality Cookies remember you when you return to the site or app and choices you have made on previous visits. This allows us to personalise our content for you, such as enabling us to remember your preferences.